Blood streaks in feces of an infant
author: pediatrician Pristavko T.A.
A young child requires special care and attention. Every change in his state of health by his parents should be treated with caution. Taking care of your baby sometimes saves not only his health, but also his life.
Normally, a child's feces has a light yellow color, a mushy consistency; in breastfed children, feces are more often in the form of a liquid slurry with a milky, sourish odor. The feces are observed from 1 to 7 times a day.
But the presence of streaks of blood in the stool to the norm do not apply. Blood streaks can appear in case of usual, often met state of health disorders, but there are more serious reasons that need to be urgently and immediately eliminated.
Causes of blood streak in the feces of the baby
1. The most common cause is anus fissures:
- With constipation. Usually fixing the chair is observed in babies who are bottle-fed. It is also found in infants, whose mothers do not follow the diet for nursing. Blood seeps from cracks in the anus that appear when the baby is straining. Usually bloody streaks located stripes along the chair.
- Injuries to the anus after carelessly putting an enema or trying to force a chair with a cotton swab in the anus. This can not be done - the mucous in a child is very thin and vulnerable. It is not necessary to treat, the wound will heal on its own.
2. Allergy to milk protein is the second most common cause. It is observed in artificial children on cow's milk protein, while breastfeeding practically does not occur. The reason: the intestinal mucosa is inflamed and the feces, moving, tears up small, thin and fragile vessels from the disease. It is enough to replace the mixture with a more modern one with highly hydrolyzed protein, if there is no effect, then the child should be transferred to a mixture of goat milk and soy.
3. Lactase deficiency. Manifested by colic, loose stools, vomiting. Treatment: a special lactose free diet.
4. Inversion of the midgut. Acute surgical condition is diagnosed in the first days of a baby’s life. Treatment with surgery.
5. Defect of vessel development in the intestinal wall. Small developmental anomaly that requires hemoglobin control. With satisfactory state of health and hemoglobin level of blood treatment does not require.
6. Diathesis of hemorrhagic nature. Can appear prikorm; food consumed by a nursing mother. All suspicious products must be removed, new ones introduced with caution.
7. Inflammation of the small, large intestines (enterocolitis). Manifested by frequent diarrhea, abdominal pain, flatulence. More common:
- Staphylococcal enterocolitis. The child is restless, screaming because of severe pain in the abdomen, the chair is relaxed, with mucus. The treatment is simple, prescribed by a pediatrician.
- Enterocolitis with acute intestinal infection. Manifested by fever, diarrhea, vomiting. Stool with a sharp odor, with mucus and lumps. Blood streaks appear in dysentery (spitting stool), escherichiosis. Treatment in the infectious disease ward.
8. Worms. A rare phenomenon for infants, but occurs if the family has older children, cats, dogs.
9. New growths. Benign and malignant.
Often with streaks of blood, undigested dietary fibers of red color can be entangled, if the kid ate raspberries, strawberries.
You should not tempt the fate of a small child and resort to popular treatment recipes or grandmothers' advice; contact a specialist in a timely manner for advice. Fortunately, in infancy, the reason for the appearance of blood in the feces is a malnutrition and disorder in the digestive organs.
Author: Surgeon Yurevich V.V.
Bleeding is the outflow of blood from the vessels either to the outside, or into any body cavity. Bleeding is divided into the following types. Depending on the location of the outpouring of blood, they may be:
Gastric bleeding today is an urgent problem of emergency surgery. Accelerated pace of life, stress, irregular and poor-quality nutrition, uncontrolled intake of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, banal vomiting can lead to such a terrible complication. Bleeding from the upper digestive tract is most often associated with peptic ulcer or duodenal ulcer. In older people, the frequency of bleeding increases due to the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Causes can be divided into local, nose-related and common, occurring in certain diseases of the body. Nasal bleeding frequency ranks first among spontaneous bleeding, and according to various sources, it makes up 3-5% of the total number of hospitalized in the ENT hospitals. Nasal bleeding often occurs suddenly and may be accompanied by significant blood loss.
Author: Surgeon Denisov MM
In modern surgery, special attention is paid to internal bleeding. This is attributed to the fact that internal bleeding is much harder to diagnose than open. And that means that medical care may be delayed. Internal is called bleeding, characterized by the outpouring of blood into the body's natural cavities or artificially created spaces.
Depending on the amount of bleeding, there are three degrees of bleeding: moderate, moderate and severe.
Author: abdominal surgeon Denisov MM
Intestinal polyps are becoming more common. Polyps are benign tumors that are formed from the epithelium lining the intestines from the inside. Depending on the location, polyps of the small, large intestine and rectum are isolated. The danger of polyps is that under the action of certain factors they become malignant, that is, malignized. It is revealed that men are ill several times more often than women.
Author: doctor Deryushev A.N.
Megacolon, which also has the name of the Hirschsprung disease (Danish pediatrician Hirschsprung, speaking at a meeting of the Berlin Society of Pediatric Physicians described it in 1886), Chagas (or Chagas) disease, idiopathic megacolon, etc. represents a significant increase in the size of the large intestine of various origins. Most often affected sigmoid colon.
Author: abdominal surgeon Denisov MM
Depending on the location, cancer of the small and large intestine is isolated. Therefore, in the topic of intestinal cancer 4 stages they can be considered separately. The length of the small intestine is 80% of the length of the entire intestine, but the incidence of the development of a tumor in this area is very small: benign tumors - 3-5%, malignant - 1%.
author: doctor Polevskaya KG
In order to eliminate the feeling of discomfort and heaviness in the intestines, it is necessary that foods rich in fiber be necessarily present in the person’s daily diet. There are two types of fiber - soluble and insoluble.
author: doctor Samoilov MA
What mother does not want to give her child the best? Especially when it comes to food. The first six months of life for a child only breast milk is the most valuable and indispensable.
Many doctors do not even recommend watering the baby, because breast milk is 80% water. Moreover, by offering your child some water or tea, you risk provoking a decrease in the production of breast milk.
author: doctor Zheludkov A.S.
Epilepsy is a disease of the brain of a chronic nature, caused by superstrong neuronal discharges in its cortex and leading to disruption of vegetative, motor, sensory, and mental functions.
author: doctor Shevcherko N.G.
The appearance of another little man in our world is a touching and unforgettable, the most important and bright moment. A young mother can immediately experience a lot of unfounded fears and doubts, and therefore it is important to be informed in advance and have an idea of how the very first year of the baby can flow.
author: doctor Shevcherko N.G.
It will be a question of some principles of introduction of a feeding up to the child at natural feeding.