author: doctor Sholenkina ON
The beauty of a woman is not only a slim figure, a sharp mind and an attractive appearance. An important role in this is played by women's health: composure, the state of internal and external organs, including the female breast. And if in society some flaws of this part of the female body can be intelligently hidden under dresses, then alone with yourself in front of the mirror and in the doctor’s office something will be noticeable even with the naked eye. How to regularly monitor the breast and not bring to the gravest diseases? It will be about this.
First you need to regularly inspect the chest. Doctors recommend doing it at least twice a month: in the middle and after the cycle. How to monitor the mammary glands?
1. Visual inspection is an important part of such a ritual. His conduct in front of the mirror. At the same time pay attention to the appearance of the breast, its shape. Inspect the skin and nipples. Then lift your arms up and carefully inspect the chest from the front and from both sides. There should be no redness and inflammation of the skin, peeling and swelling of the tissue.
2. The next stage is manual research. An important rule that every woman should remember is that you can’t do this with one or two fingers, the whole palm and the fingers of the hand are brought together. For convenience, the breast should be divided into four parts. Start with the upper outer quarter and slowly move clockwise, feeling each component.
3. After that, you need to inspect the nipples. To do this correctly, pinch each nipple between the index finger and thumb alternately. There should be no discharge (except when a woman is breastfeeding a baby).
4. Then examine the mammary glands as indicated in the second paragraph in the prone position and proceed to the study of lymph nodes. Feel your lymph nodes with your fingers in the armpits, an important indicator of the health of the female breast. They are felt in the form of small balls a few millimeters in diameter, soft and painless to the touch.
When is it worth to see a doctor?
For any changes:
- engorgement of the mammary glands;
If at least one of the listed symptoms appears, immediately contact a gynecologist or a mammologist for a more in-depth study. Timely recourse to specialists is a guarantee of not only peace of mind, but also a good chance to preserve your health.
It is important to remember that engorgement of the glands, swelling of the tissue and tenderness in the area of the lymph nodes may occur in a woman before the start of the menstrual cycle. That is why during this period, gynecologists do not recommend examining the breasts.
author: pediatrician Zheludkov A.S.
Breast compaction in children can occur for various reasons. The reason may be the growth of the tumor (often fibroadenomas). In girls, induration (tellarhe) in the mammary gland may be due to the premature onset of the activity of the genital organs (ovaries). However, of particular interest is the increase in the mammary glands - gynecomastia.
author: doctor Vasiltsov AG
Back in ancient times, a certain assumption was made that stated that people with certain features of the body structure (habitus or constitution) have an increased risk of “acquiring” certain diseases.
author: doctor Tarasova Olga
Many, at least once in their life, experienced discomfort in the retrosternal region. The reasons may be the most diverse. Only a doctor can determine what caused this condition.
Sometimes, it is necessary to conduct a series of studies in order to clarify the picture.
author: doctor, Ph.D. Andreeva S.G.
Epidermal staphylococcus is a bacterium that dwells on human skin (hence the name) as part of normal microflora. We do not live in a state of confrontation with all microorganisms. Dozens of species coexist with humans, not only without harm, but also participating in maintaining a certain balance.
Author: doctor Krivega MS
Wen or lipoma is a benign tumor that grows from adipose tissue in places where there is fatty tissue (this is not only under the skin, where many people dream of reducing its volume, but also around some internal organs). Wen can also be located on the nipples, sometimes - symmetrically on both mammary glands.
author: doctor Leshkov VE
Atheroma is a neoplasm caused by inflammation of the sebaceous gland, containing inside the sebaceous secretion produced by this gland. Externally, it looks like an education, strongly protruding above the skin. It can appear on any place of the body, but usually doctors have to deal with atheromas on the scalp, neck and back, face (on the nasolabial triangle or eyebrows), in the genital area (scrotum, perineum, labia majora or pubis), on the chest (this disease is called atheroma of the breast).
author: doctor Demchenko N.I.
A cyst is an education, the walls of which consist of dense connective tissue, and the contents can be of a different nature (liquid, mushy, bloody). The size of the breast cysts can vary from a few millimeters to 3-5 centimeters. On palpation, the cyst is palpable, as a painless dense formation with smooth walls and a smooth contour.
author: endocrinologist Riazova E.A.
Pregnancy and childbirth change the hormones of the female body, preparing it for the process of feeding the newborn. Big changes occur in the mammary glands.