author: doctor Sholenkina О.N.
The beauty of a woman is not only a slender figure, sharp mind and attractive appearance. An important role in this is played by women's health: mental equilibrium, the state of internal and external organs, including the female breast. And if in the society some flaws in this part of the female body can be properly concealed under clothes, then alone with a mirror and in the doctor's office something will be visible even with the naked eye. How to regularly monitor the breast and not bring to severe illness? We will talk about this.
To begin with, you should regularly inspect your chest. Doctors recommend doing this at least twice a month: in the middle and after the cycle. How to properly monitor the mammary glands?
1. Visual inspection is an important part of such a ritual. He is held in front of a mirror. In this case, pay attention to the appearance of the breast, its shape. Examine the skin and nipples. Then raise your hands up and carefully examine the chest in front and on both sides. There should be no redness and inflammation of the skin, peeling and swelling of the tissue.
2. The next step is manual research. An important rule that every woman should remember is that you can not do this with one or two fingers, this involves the entire palm of your hand and the fingers that are gathered together. For convenience, the mammary gland should be divided into four parts. Start with the upper outer quarter and slowly move clockwise, feeling each component.
3. After this, it is necessary to inspect the nipples. To properly do this, clamp each nipple alternately between the forefinger and the thumb. There should not be any excreta (unless the woman is breastfeeding the baby).
4. Then examine the mammary glands as indicated in the second paragraph in the prone position and proceed with the examination of the lymph nodes. Feel your fingers in the armpit area of the lymph nodes - this is an important indicator of the health of the female breast. They are felt in the form of small balls in diameter a few millimeters, soft and painless to the touch.
When should I see a doctor?
With any changes:
- engorgement of mammary glands;
If at least one of the listed signs has appeared - immediately consult a gynecologist or mammologist for more in-depth study. Timely appeal for help to specialists - a pledge not only of peace of mind, but also a good chance to maintain your health.
It is important to remember that the engorgement of the glands, swelling of the tissue and soreness in the area of the lymph nodes may be in women before the menstrual cycle begins. That is why in this period gynecologists do not recommend examining the mammary glands.
author: pediatrician Zheludkov AS
Condensation in the breast in children can occur for various reasons. The cause may be tumor growth (more often fibroadenoma). In girls, compaction (telarhex) in the breast can be the result of premature onset of the activity of the genital organs (ovaries). However, of particular interest is the increase in breast gland - gynecomastia.
author: doctor Vasil'tsov AG
Back in ancient times, a certain assumption was made that people with certain features of the body structure (habitus or constitution) have an increased risk of "acquiring" certain diseases.
author: doctor Tarasova Olga
Many, at least once in a lifetime, experienced discomfort in the retrograde region. The reasons may be very diverse. It is only the doctor who can determine what this condition has arisen from.
Sometimes, it is necessary to conduct a series of studies that would clarify the picture.
author: doctor, Ph.D. Andreeva S.G.
Epidermal staphylococcus is a bacterium that inhabits human skin (hence the name) as part of a normal microflora. We do not live with all microorganisms in a state of confrontation. Dozens of species coexist with man, not only without causing harm, but also participating in maintaining a certain balance.
Author: Krivega MS doctor
Wen or lipoma is a benign tumor growing from adipose tissue in places where there is fatty tissue (this is not only under the skin, where many dream to reduce its volume, but also around some internal organs). Wen also can be located on the nipples, sometimes symmetrically on both mammary glands.
author: doctor Leshkov V.E.
Atheroma is a neoplasm caused by an inflammation of the sebaceous gland, which contains a sebaceous secret secreted by this gland. Outwardly it looks like an education strongly protruding above the skin. It can appear anywhere on the body, but usually physicians have to face atheromas on the scalp, neck and back, face (on the nasolabial triangle or brow ridges), around the genitals (scrotum, perineum, large labia or pubis), on the chest (this disease is called a mammary atheroma).
author: doctor Demchenko N.I.
The cyst is a formation whose walls consist of a dense connective tissue, and the contents can be of a different nature (liquid, mucous, bloody). The dimensions of the cysts of the breast can vary from a few millimeters to 3-5 centimeters. When palpation, the cyst is probed as a painless dense formation with smooth walls and an even contour.
author: endocrinologist Ryauzova E.A.
Pregnancy and childbirth change the hormonal background of the female body, preparing it for the process of feeding a newborn. Great changes occur in the mammary glands.